Celebrity chef Jean-Christophe Novelli was the superb host of the 2011 East Midlands Food and Drink Awards at Greetham Valley last night (Sunday 13th November). With a well aimed light hearted introductory speech, he set a fantastic tone for the evening’s excellent dinner and awards presentation.
Sponsors of the Awards were: Long Clawson Dairy, Greetham Valley, The Boston Coffee Company, KFE, MacIntyre Hudson and South Lincs Food Services. Regional competition sponsors were: ABC Meats of Peterborough, Acorn Taxis of Boston, QKS Kitchens of Stamford, Scalford Hall and Stoneacre Grantham.
Finalists from all over the East Midlands region were in attendance and the winners of the 10 categories were:
- Best Gastro Pub/Bar Restaurant of the Year The Fox/La Table d’Yves, Thorpe Satchville
- Best Tea Room/Cafe Green’s, Mancetter Sq Peterborough
- Best Fish and Chips The Boundary, Market Deeping
- Best Fast Food/Takeaway Scrummies, Horncastle
- Best Chinese or Thai Restaurant Oriental Palace, Boston
- Best Indian Restaurant The Bombay Brasserie, Grantham
- Best European Restaurant The Fox/La Table d’Yves, Thorpe Satchville
- Best Hotel Restaurant Stoke Rochford Hall, Grantham
- Best Customer Care for Service/Front of House Elior Cafe, Tescos Skegness
- Best Venue Award Mama Liz, Stamford
This was a very successful inaugural event, organised by East Midland Newspapers Ltd.
Jean-Christophe Novelli congratulated all the nominees, finalists and winners but saved his highest accolade for the Greetham Valley chefs who had produced an excellent gala dinner for well over 200 guests. Being a thoroughly charismatic chap, he willingly posed for photographs with almost every single guest and our chefs! He was the last to go home and provided a lasting memory for everyone at the event of a very humourous, down to earth, and amiable celebrity. What a star!