All members, guests and visitors to Greetham Valley Golf Club are required to wear ‘suitable attire’ when on the main golf courses, Academy course or in the clubhouse. The course marshals, golf professionals, proprietors and clubhouse manager have authority to strictly uphold the dress code on the courses and in the clubhouse to preserve a decent standard of discipline and a pleasant ambience throughout all areas at all times. ‘Suitable attire’ in each designated area is considered to be as follows:
Main Courses Lakes and Valley
- Shirts with ‘turn down’ collars, polo neck or turtle neck garments, all of which must have at least short sleeves, and must not be emblazoned with advertising or offensive logos.
- Trousers or tailored shorts – no jeans or denims.
- Golf shoes must be worn and soft spikes are preferred.
- Overgarments as required by weather conditions, without advertising or offensive logos.
- Ladies should wear tops which have collars and which have at least shoulder length sleeves.
A more relaxed dress code is reserved for the par 3 Academy course. The following dress is, however, considered unsuitable:
- Non-tailored denim jeans or trousers with tears, fraying or heavy patching.
- Swimwear, beachwear, skin-tight or brief shorts.
- Boots, shoes with high heels, beach footwear or non-respectable training or casual shoes.
- Overgarments and general clothing must not be emblazoned with heavy advertising or offensive logos.
Clubhouse Lounge Bar and Restaurants
Smart casual attire is required. No caps are to be worn and the use of mobile phones is prohibited. Golf course attire is permitted in the Clubhouse Lounge Bar, CLEAN soft spikes are permitted in the Spike Bar.
For the enjoyment of all, we recommend Stableford play. Medal play, if required, MUST be by prior arrangement only. It is the responsibility of the Society Organiser to ensure all players in his party leave the course should conditions become dangerous. Any player who believes there is a danger from lightning should discontinue play. (Please read rule 6-8(a) (ii)).
- Ensure all members of your society are aware of the dress and conduct code prior to your visit.
- Observe starting times.
- Play from the yellow tee markers only.
- Play without undue delay. Slow play is not tolerated.
- Clear the green when the result of the hole is determined (ie mark scorecard at the next tee not on the green).
The courses and clubhouse have been designed for the benefit, enjoyment and relaxation of members, their guests and all visitors to Greetham Valley. Members, guests and visitors are therefore requested to refrain from using bad language, shouting or creating excessive noise, passing comments which may be deemed unnecessarily offensive – in short any behaviour considered to be unsuitable in a public place. Please take particular note that Greetham Valley has a non-smoking policy applicable to the interiors of the entire complex. The proprietors, managers and course marshals have the authority to uphold the above standards at all times and to take whatever action they deem necessary to ensure compliance.
Thank you for your co-operation